Ready? Set? Raid your kitchen!!!!
I have an idea. A really good one, actually! Let’s play a game!! Well, to me this is fun (don’t judge). What kind of game, you ask? It’s called “raid your kitchen.”This is a great activity to do before meal planning. This will help minimize waste and increase variety in your meals. By playing this game, you will have a visual of all of the ingredients that you aren’t using and brainstorm a way to utilize them!
How to play:
1) Grab a pen and paper.
2) Head to your kitchen. You can start in your pantry.
3) Make a list of the ingredients you have that you haven’t used in a while.
4) Check expiration dates and if it’s still fresh, write it down, if it’s not, chuck it.
5) Repeat in the fridge and in the freezer.
6) Lastly, take a look at your list. Do any dishes come to mind? Try searching some cookbooks and/or Pinterest for some inspo!
This is what I found in mine! By the looks of it, I have a nice amount of ingredients to bake some treats and blend some smoothies! Now I’m going to search Pinterest for some inspiration!
Need meal ideas?? Join my Free Meal planning Facebook group Here.